Adventures in LauraLand

Welcome to LauraLand. This blog documents my time living & working on the Thai-Burma border. The accounts on these pages are true & offer you, dear reader, the opportunity to be exposed to something likely foreign to your daily life. I encourage you to share this blog with others & thus do your part to carry the message of the inequity & human rights abuses that occur in such faraway lands like Burma. Thanks to AJWS & their support for my wanderings. Cheers to adventures and world change...

Monday, September 25, 2006

My face is smiling and my heart is crying

After posting that last entry just a few minutes ago, I had a conversation regarding the very rights I discussed in that posting during which my friend said the above quote.

Regardless of the pain here there is so much beauty. Here is a glimpse of an awesome ceremony of sending balloons into the sky on the full moon day last month. We were welcoming Buddha... note, all the lights you see in the sky are balloons, none are stars.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1485682184987415684

Welcome.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger frank landfield said…

    AWESOME, GLORIOUS, AND GRAND. thanks for sharing this with the rest of the world. much peace and love. christiann and frank

     

Post a Comment

<< Home