Adventures in LauraLand

Welcome to LauraLand. This blog documents my time living & working on the Thai-Burma border. The accounts on these pages are true & offer you, dear reader, the opportunity to be exposed to something likely foreign to your daily life. I encourage you to share this blog with others & thus do your part to carry the message of the inequity & human rights abuses that occur in such faraway lands like Burma. Thanks to AJWS & their support for my wanderings. Cheers to adventures and world change...

Friday, August 25, 2006

Fajita burritos

Yes hello green gremlins and fusia-infused cadets!

Here I sit, soaking in the energy of Bangkok as it swirls around me, molecules traveling fast due the heat and roaches running wild eating the remains of the day.

Back in action, baby. Back from a lovely and delicious break/ vacation/ visa extension/ sticky-rice-consuming-palooza. I write briefly to let you know I had a lovely time and came to many insights and viewed many beautiful things I will share with you shortly. For now, however, it's off to the sweaty streets of Bangkok to hang out with some pals.

'Til very soon my dearies...

:) Laura

ps. I have not eaten fajita burritos in some time... please send me small thoughts of the deep-fried goodies and I will vicariously chow down through those.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Hugh R. Winig, M.D. said…

    I am pleased to see from your photographs that you are partaking of some of the local foods--like roasted silk worm larvae, cockroaches, and grasshoppers. Personally, I found that a little parmesan cheese enhanced their flavor. But I always ate the ones charred to a cinder, as anything like that still chewy was hard to handle. And then there are duriens (I'm not able to get past the aroma yet) but they are supposed to be an aphrodiasiac, and my Malaysan friend tells me "when the duriens fall, the sarongs come off" so be careful!!

    Hope the heat and rain is bearable.--Uncle Hugh

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Hugh R. Winig, M.D. said…

    Laura,
    Hopefully, you've seen a little bit of sunshine by now. If not, know that all you are doing there is bringing sunshine to the folks you are meeting. We're enjoying your blog, pictures and exuberance for your tasks at hand. Keep enjoying all the experiences. Sending you love from the Bay Area.
    Aunt Mary Anne

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger frank landfield said…

    have you tried chocolate covered roaches? we haven't. hang in there. shalom. we look forward to the pics.
    christiann and frank

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger frank landfield said…

    hang in there!
    christiann and frank
    we look forward to getting your pics.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home