Adventures in LauraLand

Welcome to LauraLand. This blog documents my time living & working on the Thai-Burma border. The accounts on these pages are true & offer you, dear reader, the opportunity to be exposed to something likely foreign to your daily life. I encourage you to share this blog with others & thus do your part to carry the message of the inequity & human rights abuses that occur in such faraway lands like Burma. Thanks to AJWS & their support for my wanderings. Cheers to adventures and world change...

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Feast your eyes on this...

These kiddos just showed up at my open window one day. I put on Madonna and we had a sporadic dance party (apparently I've had a latent love of Madonna for sometime). For the next hour they proceeded to terrorize me by pretending they would leave, and then enter my house and hide in various crevices. Fab.

Jungle love. It's driving me mad. It's making me crazy.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Hugh R. Winig, M.D. said…

    The smiles on those kids' faces tells the whole story. Isn't it amazing how children can laugh the whole day long, but adults can barely crack a few smiles in an entire day. When we were in Tahiland, kids would feel the hair on my arms. Apparently, the Thais do not grow hair on their arms, so we look strange to them in that way.

    Keep it up!!--Hugh

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger frank landfield said…

    children are children. and madonna now studies kaballah. go figure. madonna appeared at coachella fest this year, right here in the desert. it's the biggest event here now...bringing in about 100,000 music fans. nice pics. we're very proud of you, LK. peace. christiann and frank.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home